Mexican food is probably my favorite so I love this easy, healthy snack that you can make ahead and just heat up to enjoy!
- 2 lb lean ground turkey (I used 99% Extra Lean)
- 1 Can corn ( I looked for the kind with the lowest sugar content)
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Can black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 package taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Form into racquetball sized balls and place on greased baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and cook for about 40-45 minutes or until they are lightly brown.
I personally cut the recipe in half and it still makes about 12-15 balls!