I’ve been wanting to try zucchini lasagna for some time now but every recipe I find has like a million ingredients… and let’s face it… We all typically pass up recipes that are more than 10 ingredients long. Am I right? Or is that just me?
I finally found it though!!! A healthy zucchini lasagna that looked pretty simple to make. I got the recipe from Melanie over at Commited to Get Fit. It turned out really good and was actually pretty simple to make. I have to say that as much as I love carbs, I liked the zucchini in place of noodles because I didn’t feel completely full and guilty or like I was going to be in a food coma after eating it.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 or 4 small zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 24 oz of low fat or 1% cottage cheese
- 1 jar of no sugar added spaghetti sauce
- Non fat or low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Combine onion, ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a skillet and brown turkey until no longer pink.
- Layer Zucchini in the bottom of your pan, then spread a layer of cottage cheese, follow that with a layer of ground turkey mixture, spread a layer of sauce on top.
- Repeat this over again. Then layer one final row of zucchini on top and cover with sauce and a little sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10 more minutes then remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
It ended up being a little runny because of the liquid from the zucchini, sauce, & cottage cheese but I just used a slotted spoon. It turned out amazing 🙂 Enjoy!!